I’ve been on a quest lately to make paleo salmon dinner recipes. I love salmon, and so does my husband. Salmon is actually one of the only fish he’ll eat, but, hey, I’ll take it!
Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, salmon’s great for you. But it’s also extremely versatile. It can be baked, cooked, grilled, or smoked.
Is this Paleo Salmon Dinner Recipe Easy to Make?
This recipe has quickly become one of our favorites! It contains both salmon and veggies in one skillet to form a quick and easy meal for the whole family.
I created this grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo salmon dinner recipe for all of us with food restrictions looking for a quick and simple meal that doesn’t sacrifice flavor.
This delicious and nutritious, one-skillet paleo dinner can be prepared and made in under 30 minutes!
The use of fewer ingredients and less time in the kitchen makes this recipe perfect for traveling when food restrictions prevent you from eating out. If you have allergies or restrictions, you know exactly what I’m talking about!
*This post contains affiliate links. We may earn from qualifying purchases when you click on the links. This is at no cost to you.
The Creamy Aspect of This Paleo Salmon Dinner Recipe
Arrowroot Powder as a Thickener
The thickener in this recipe is the arrowroot powder. Made from the root of a plant, arrowroot powder is grain-free. You’ll find I love working with arrowroot powder. It’s so versatile and can be used in place of corn starch 1:1 in most any recipe. I recommend Bob Red Mill’s Arrowroot Powder.
And a little bit goes a long way with arrowroot powder. You probably won’t need to replace this 1lb (454g) bag for quite some time.
If using a dairy alternative is new to you, I highly suggest canned coconut milk, such as the one in this recipe. I will warn you: when you open the can, you’ll likely be welcomed by a thick layer of coconut milk at the top and a watery substance at the bottom. That’s normal. Just make sure to blend them well unless another recipe specifically directs you to skim off the thick layer at the top, which you’ll occasionally see in recipes.
Coconut milk is a great dairy alternative. It’s usually just made from coconuts and guar gum, and it won’t need refrigerated unless opened. Here’s the brand of coconut milk we commonly use.
Making the Cream
You are definitely going to want to whisk the arrowroot powder and coconut milk in a bowl separately before adding to the pan. This will prevent the arrowroot powder from clumping in the pan. However, I am a proponent of fewer kitchen gadgets (as you’ll see in this post: 8 Steps for Meal Planning while Traveling with Food Restrictions), so feel free to just use a fork.
This recipe was created to use fewer kitchen tools and still make an all-in-one paleo meal that tastes amazing!
You will love this one-skillet paleo salmon dinner!!
One-Skillet Paleo Salmon Dinner Recipe with Lemon and Sage
- 2.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 salmon fillets
- sea salt and pepper
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3-4 cloves of garlic sliced
- 5 tsp arrowroot powder
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 5 tbsp fresh sage, cut into small pieces
- 2.5 tbsp fresh-squeezed lemon juice (or about ¾ of one lemon)
- Add 1.5 Tbsp of oil to a skillet on medium heat.
- Put a dash of salt and pepper on top of the salmon before adding to the heat.
- Cook the salmon skin-side down for 3.5 minutes in a large skillet. For larger pieces, increase to 5 minutes. Flip and cook for 2 more minutes on the other side or until browned. Take the salmon out of the pan and set aside.
- Add 1 Tbsp of oil to the skillet. Once heated, add the peppers and onions for 4 minutes. Add the sliced garlic for one more minute of cooking time or until the veggies are fully cooked.
- Whisk the arrowroot powder with the coconut milk in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the coconut mixture, salt, sage, and lemon juice to the veggies in the pan. Turn the burner to high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add salmon and simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm
Other Great Paleo Recipes
Check out more lemon flavored recipes here, including Paleo Lemon Cookies, Vegan Lemon Walnut Roasted Pepper Dip, and even Paleo Strawberry Lemonade!
And, for additional Paleo dinner recipes, check out this Spicy Pepperoncini Steak Dinner or this Dairy-Free Creamy Italian Chicken and Squash Dinner!
Paleo Salmon Dinner Recipe
This delicious, dairy-free and Paleo salmon dinner recipe is perfect for a quick meal.